EXAMPLES OF INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY
As stated in the Official Rules :
"The innovation may be any feature of their robot that is considered different or novel. The innovation
does not need to be a totally new concept, just "not commonly used" in FIRST competitions.... All fields of science and engineering
are considered in this award."
Examples of innovative technology would be:
- Software that uses provides motor feedback to drive
wheels to develop unique drive characteristics.
- Motor drive train to proved superior ratio to weight characteristic.
autonomous mode algorithm.
- Circuit to optimize power output from battery.
- Complex mechanical linkage used for ball handling.
method for controlling extension rate of pneumatic cylinder.
- Special use of construction materials to reduce weight.
- Smart software
that automatically updates parameters based on previous operation.
Note that these examples are not provided to give specific suggestions
for an innovative technology application. Further, this list does not exclude any of these examples from being used.